Job Posting: Marketing Manager
The Montgomery County Revenue Authority (MCRA) has an opportunity to join a dynamic team! MCRA was created in 1957 as an instrumentality of Montgomery County and a public corporation. The MCRA has two primary functions, one is to operate self-supporting public facilities, and the other is to finance public facilities. On the operations side, the MCRA directly manages the Golf Course System (of 9 golf courses), operates the Montgomery County Airpark and Crossvines Winery.
MCRA headquarters has an immediate opening for a Marketing Manager.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for MCRA’s marketing and advertising – aligning with our organizational vision, mission, and core values, while promoting MCRA’s businesses as premier destinations for golf, air, wine, and events. This position will plan and manage media/social media campaigns to promote MCRA activities, services, and products including MCG, MC Airpark and Crossvines Winery. The incumbent will be responsible for creating and managing product and service marketing plans as well as collateral material. Assists management in planning media campaigns to promote the organization's activities, services, and products. Develops new marketing material for all marketing campaigns including conferences, websites, and other online or published venues. The Marketing Manager will also conceptualize, develop, and manage exhibits of products and services at locations, meetings and conferences. In this role, studying customer demographics and building that knowledge and insight into planning and strategy activities is imperative, as MCRA is committed to Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI). Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing MCRA marketing and advertising.
- Ensuring MCRA brand is messaged and visually aligned to meet our vision, mission, and organizational strategies.
- Managing and editing our websites for MCRA, MCG, MC Airpark and Crossvines, including outsourcing more complex tasks to website management company if necessary.
- Creating content, structure/format, maintain distribution lists and send email marketing.
- Creating a social media presence by recreating platforms, monitor interaction and utilize space for marketing and advertising – engaging community, employees, vendors, influencers, etc.
- The main contact for paid advertising management company we use or handle themselves if they have the skills.
- Coordinating production of signage or other promotional materials – content creation.
- Managing online Event Registration; create and manage online registration pages for various company events.
- Maintaining current database of media contacts and foster consistent communications to generate stories.
- Soliciting editorial coverage of MCG and Crossvines as destinations for the wedding, events, leisure market and group business arenas.
- Supervising media buying and placement and leverage those buys for editorial coverage.
- Negotiating advertising opportunities.
- Compiling and managing print and online advertising campaigns.
- Analyzing campaign results, generate performance reports, and make recommendations for future changes.
- Collaborating to identify marketing needs for all MCRA business.
MCRA is seeking qualified applicants who reflect and understand our CORE VALUES of a Genuine Smile, Do Anything Attitude and Deliver Excellence. MCRA is a fast-paced, high-energy organization with an ambitious agenda and staff that is highly motivated. Qualified applicants may possess any combination of education and experience enabling them to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position. Preferred qualifications are: Bachelor’s degree or higher in marketing, advertising or a related field and 3+ years of relevant experience. A strong marketing background is a plus. Qualified candidates must have excellent organizational skills, good verbal and written communication skills, exceptional Adobe Create Suite products, Facebook/Google Ad, website creation and editing and experience with MS Office Suite. Candidates must also have the ability to multi-task with a high attention to detail and accuracy, possess strong time management and organizational skills with a proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.